Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Something about snow...

   The first snowfall of 2010 has arrived. It makes me feel like a kid again. So many grumble about it but wow, it is beautiful and part of being in Minnesota. I know I will get tired of the cold, but I always love snow. It just make everything so fresh and new. So many fun times when the kids were little...coloring snow ( no red or yellow,please!!!) Wet mittens and snow pants, and of course the digging out of all those winter clothes was an adventure in it self! The seasons seem to fly by. I always try to embrace each one and appreciate it's beauty. Plus knowing we get to escape to a beach or two does help a bit...
    Trying to be patient and wait to decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving but I think I will at least bring out the nativity. Need to unclutter a lot of the living room anyways before the tree goes up. Chaz loves his couch by the window so will leave it there and place the tree somewhere else in the room. Will be leaving them for the holidays so at least let them have a room with a view!
   All the kids home next weekend for Britta's birthday dinner and Grandpa and Grandma's 65th anniversary party. Hoping to get a good family pic for a Christmas card...seems so hard to get all in one place so this is my chance. Thought of not sending cards, but going to go for it.
I love this time of year... just need to get organized early so there is no need to rush.
  Still not sure if I am a "Blogger" ... I am a texter, facebooker, website recipe collector, e-coupon user etc. but not so sure about this yet...and not a Tweeter for sure!
   Looking forward to the weekend. It is coming fast so hope to be very productive tomorrow.
Did get grocery shopping done tonight with Mike so that mean I get to stay home and clean.
The day goes so fast when I have to be out and about. Wondering if Jordan is going to have laundry this time. Last time only bedding and a few clothes.
   Spent part of last weekend at Josh and Jen's. They spoiled us with yummy meals and even dinner out. Mike helped with their basement project. Was nice to spend time together on a snowy weekend. Have projects here...like ripping off wallpaper. Ewwww that does not sound fun. One of these days I will begin. So excited to redo bedrooms. Looking for ideas online and in magazines. So hard to decide on colors. Need to check Craigslist for furniture for rooms here and at cabin. Bedding gets expensive so hoping to be thrifty in other ways.
  
   

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie, I love the new blog design! It is very cute and fallish. We had a great time with you and Mike last weekend. See you Friday :)

    ReplyDelete